120TH Infantry Brigade validates USAR/ARNG forces capability to execute operations in support of FORSCOM approved and Combatant Commander defined mission parameters (FTN).
World War II Campaigns:
Colonel Brian A. Payne
120th Infantry Brigade
CSM Cheryl N.M. Greene
Brigade Command Sergeant Major
120th Infantry Brigade
The Department of the Army originally constituted our current organization 26 March 1943 as Headquarters, 3rd Armored Infantry Group. This organization was subsequently reorganized and re-designated as the headquarters, 3rd Armored Group on 30 March 1943. The Army activated Headquarters, 3rd Armored Group at Fort Chaffee, Arkansas, on 31 March 1943.
This organization reorganized and re-designated as Headquarters, 12th Tank Group on 14 September 1943.
The Army once again reorganized and re-designated our current organization as the 12th Armored Group on 13 December 1043 for service in World War II. The 12th Armored Group participated in the Ardennes-Alsace, Rhineland, and Central Europe Campaigns and was awarded the Presidential Unit Citation for actions during the Battle of Bastogne.
After World War II, the Army redeployed the 12th Armored Group to Camp Gruber, Oklahoma, where it was deactivated during October of 1945.
The Army merged the Readiness Group Fort Sam Houston and 3rd Regional Training Brigade to become the 120th Infantry Brigade during October 1997. The Army designated the 120th Infantry Brigade as the Training Support Brigade whose mission encompassed both the Readiness Group and the Readiness Training Brigade: training supervision and training evaluation.
The Army tasked the 120th Infantry Brigade with providing training support to National Guard and Army Reserve units. The 120th Infantry Brigade trained and evaluated National Guard and Reserve units at the National Maneuver Training Centers, Annual Training, and Individual Drill Weekends.
The Army re-designated the 120th Infantry Brigade as the 2nd Brigade, 75th Training Division at Fort Sam Houston, Texas, on 16 October 1999.
The Army reactivated the 120th Infantry Brigade on 1 December 2006 to serve the nation once again at Fort Sam Houston, Texas.
The Army moved the 120th Infantry Brigade to Fort Hood, Texas, on 1 September 2008 with a mission of providing post mobilization training to Army Reserve and National Guard Soldiers deploying to support the Global War on Terrorism.
761st Tank Battalion Ave. Bldg 410
Fort Hood, Texas 76544